File Share Cleanup - Quick Study
Most organizations use file shares or network shared drives to store and collaborate on documents. The challenge with file shares is that solid information management practices are rarely applied. This often leads to messy environments full of ROT - redundant, outdated, and trivial information.
If you're about to kick off a file share cleanup project, this training course is for you. It will provide you with an approach to cleaning up your file shares to reduce risk and improve operational efficiency.
You will learn how to:
- Gain the support of executive management for your file share cleanup project
- Conduct a content audit of your file shares
- Determine what information to keep
- Identify and get rid of ROT
- Set up a filing structure to prevent your file shares from becoming a mess all over again
The target audience for this course includes anyone who uses shared files to store or collaborate on documents and anyone charged with participating in or conducting a shared file cleanup initiative, including business managers, end-users, and information management specialists. No specialized technical knowledge is required or assumed.
This course is approved for 2 hours of CIP maintenance credits.