Foundations of Intelligent Information Management, Domain 3: How to Digitalize Your Information Intensive Processes
Organizations that work at “the speed of paper” are increasingly being rendered non-competitive and irrelevant. But this means more than simply scanning paper and leveraging email in support of digitization initiatives. Rather, it calls for a fundamental rethinking of how we approach key business outcomes. It requires that information be digitized and that work processes be developed, or reworked, focusing on digital-first and automation wherever possible. And it requires that organizations adopt a posture of agility and responsiveness rather than passivity and reactivity.
In this course, we’ll show you how to identify processes that are ripe for improvement and make the business case for process change. You’ll learn best practices for mapping existing processes and troubleshooting and improving them. We’ll review basic process automation capabilities and identify appropriate use cases for each, including robotic process automation (RPA) and case management. And we’ll review different kinds of metrics to gather in support of a process improvement initiative.
This course is for anyone who:
- Needs to work more efficiently
- Wants to streamline and automate key business processes
- Wants to leverage automation to reduce errors and exceptions
By the end of this course, you will learn how to:
- Identify processes that would benefit from automation or improvement
- Map an existing process
- Troubleshoot and improve a business process
- Identify and gather metrics about a process
- Compare and contrast the capabilities of different business process management solutions
This course is approved for 3 CIP maintenance credits.