AIIM has been an advocate and supporter of information professionals for nearly 70 years.
The association mission is to ensure that information professionals understand the current and future challenges of managing information assets in an era of social, mobile, cloud and big data.
Founded in 1943, AIIM builds on a strong heritage of research and member service.
Today, AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) is a global, non-profit organization that provides independent research, education and certification programs to information professionals.
AIIM represents the entire information management community, with programs and content for practitioners, technology suppliers, integrators and consultants.
Join the conversation at AIIM's online communities where you'll find expert bloggers, discussions, wikis and buyers guides.
Become a fan of AIIM on
Join the AIIM Global Community of Information Professionals on
AIIM provides events and information services that help users specify, select, and deploy ECM solutions to solve organizational problems.
- Get user satisfaction and expert analysis of available capture software products, electronic records management products, and social messaging vendors.
Online Webinars - Provide education on the key issues and trends affecting information professionals.
AIIM provides an educational roadmap for the industry.
- Training Programs - Industry leading Training Programs include Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Electronic Records Management (ERM), Business Process Management (BPM), Taxonomy and Metadata, Capture/Scanning, Social Media Governance, SharePoint for Collaboration, and SharePoint for ECM. Courses are available online or in a classroom.
- Certified Information Professional - Enhance your existing skills and develop new ones to become more competitive in the marketplace, become the bridge between IT and the business, demonstrate your broad understanding of all information assets, and become a valued resource within your organization.
- In-person Seminars - Free, one-day educational seminars held in cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, help educate business and government information professionals with the latest industry trends, key business drivers, case study examples, solutions, and more.
- AIIM Conference - THE must attend conference for information professionals to learn how to better manage their business information. Inspiring keynotes, peer-to-peer breakout sessions, leading solution providers and more.
AIIM creates opportunities that allow users, suppliers, consultants, and the channel to engage and connect with one another - through chapters, networking groups, programs, partnerships, and the Web.
- AIIM Chapters - A network of local chapters in North America and Canada providing educational and networking opportunities for AIIM members.
- Communities - Groups of members and constituents form or become their own communities.
- Document Management Service Provider Executive Forum - Owners and senior managers in document imaging, conversion, and preservation services gather annually for educational sessions and lessons learned that help them build their business, peer-to-peer networking, building new relationships and strengthening current partnerships.
AIIM acts as the voice of the information management industry in key standards organizations, with the media, and with government decision-makers.
- Market Intelligence - Industry research reports provide neutral and unbiased market research reflecting the wisdom of our 65,000 community of information professionals, helping you match and measure your ROI and implementation issues. Topics include: Enterprise Content Management, Email Management, Collaboration and Enterprise 2.0, Findability, Electronic Records Management, Capture, and Business Process Management.
- AIIM Standards - AIIM is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) accredited standards development organization. AIIM also holds the Secretariat for the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) committee focused on Information Management Compliance issues, TC171.
Through year-round support, AIIM offers several types of membership to suit your needs. Select the one that's best for you, and become a recognized leader in your organization and the industry.
- Professional Membership - for business and government information professionals. Education, industry research, toolkits, awards, committees, ROI calculators and discounts.
- Solution Provider Membership - for suppliers of information management products and services. Comprehensive market exposure and increased visibility for your company, products, and services.