AIIM's Leadership Sessions for professionals involved on the Executive Leadership Council membership level
The AIIM Executive Leadership Council brings together top thinkers, high performance practitioners and leaders in information management to discuss, define, and direct the Future of Information Management. The Council itself is made up of AIIM solution provider and user companies at the Executive Council membership level.
Annual summits create a shared space for dynamic conversations to determine the role of the content and information management industry in a new era of business which addresses Social, Mobile and Cloud computing. The AIIM Executive Leadership Council has two goals:
- Articulate the impact that these new technologies will have on the workplace
- Define specific use cases for how the technologies can transform organizations and ways of work.
The Executive Leadership Council has two delegations, the Americas and European. Each delegation meets twice a year to addresses two key themes. Their findings are published as AIIM Trendscape reports which forecast the changes our industry will incur over the next 24 months and set priorities to take advantage of these changes.
"ELC is where thought leaders translate theory into reality, addressing the most complex issues that Information Technology faces today!” –Anthony Peleska, CIO, Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
"The AIIM ELC brings together some of the finest minds across multiple industries for insightful discussion concerning real-world business problems.” – Butch Reh, VP of Licensing and Marketing, ABBYY USA
- Connect with fellow industry luminaries and thought leaders to discuss and effect market trends
- Identify market trends and opportunities ahead of the curve
- Gain unlimited access to AIIM's premium content for your ENTIRE organization
- Join an exclusive club of industry executives for personal and professional development
AIIM EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
Invest in your organization with unlimited access for your entire company
- Enterprise wide unlimited, on demand access to all of AIIM’s premium content
- Access to industry benchmarking statistics library
- Promotion on AIIM.org
- Two seats on AIIM Executive Leadership Council, which gathers twice a year for think tank summits focused on the future of our industry
2015 Future of Information Management Summit Series
Collaborative Workspaces – making information work simpler, smarter, safer, and faster
Washington DC, June 2-3 for the Americas Council
London, June 25 for the European Council
The agility of our processes and the responsiveness and creativity of our people are at the core of what the Digital Workplace of the future is all about. As such, we need better ways to connect people, information, and knowledge by moving from digital landfills, paper-centric processes, and outdated legacy systems. The workspaces of the future support, connect, and engage while maintaining security integrity and privacy of information assets.
Join us to explore, debate, and define:
- How to best connect people, information, and knowledge in an era dominated by mobile, cloud, and Big Data
- How to improve collaboration within the context of specific business processes
- How to dynamically assemble technology building blocks to create process flows that cut across silos, departments, and firewalls.
- How to win the paper wars
- How to make compliance, security, and privacy transparent and inherent to the user
- How to deal with consumer-grade file share applications like Dropbox and Shadow IT
- How to identify key decision makers and document the ROI for collaborative workspaces
Content Analytics – Transforming How Corporate Information is Identified, Captured, Governed, Analyzed, and Personalized
London, November 19 for the European Council
South Florida, December 10-11 for the Americas Council
Most enterprises apply a paper -based paradigm to manage their digital environment. But, the growing volume, variety, and velocity of information signal the certain death of manual processes; they simply cannot scale. Analytics and semantic technologies allow us to automate how information is captured, analyzed, and governed.
“It’s not an information overload problem, it’s filter failure” said bestselling author and AIIM12 speaker Clay Shirky. Content analytics is this new filter. The new central role of content management solutions will therefore be to: 1) Determine the human user’s current situation; 2) Understand precisely what the person wants; and 3) Use powerful analytical ability to make highly focused and insightful suggestions. Analyst Gartner support this view; they expect that by 2016, content management will be personalized, with foldering and process customization according to individual needs.
Join us to explore, debate, and define:
- How process applications will make knowledge workers aware of relevant people, information, and knowledge resources
- How content management will become personalized to accommodate individual user roles and preferences
- How records management can be automated using smart and semantic computing
- How scanning and capture will be automated with entity extraction, classification, and summarization
- How security and privacy can be managed based on the information, not the container or document class
- The role of business analytics in the digital business
- How to identify key decision makers and document the ROI from content analytics efforts
Executive Director, IT Leadership Counsel
Thornton May is Futurist, Executive Director and Dean of the IT Leadership Academy. His extensive experience researching and consulting on the role and behaviors of Boards of Directors and "C" level executives in creating value with information technology has won him an unquestioned place on the short list of serious thinkers on this topic. May combines a scholar's patience for empirical research, a stand-up comic's capacity for pattern recognition and a second-to-none gift for storytelling to the information technology management problems facing executive.
Thornton May is the real deal. A daring intellectual in a business filled with fakes, Thornton encourages us--no he FORCES us--to sit up, pay attention and think hard about the real issues we face every day." Seth Godin, Author of Permission Marketing and Founder of Yoyodyne
*Statistic credited to IDC and their Digital Universe in 2020 study.
Contact Us to Join
AIIM's Executive Leadership Council (ELC) is for companies committed to being thought leaders and innovators in our industry. Each participating organization may designate up to two executives for representation on the Leadership Council. These individuals should serve in a strategic role within the organization, and be available to attend both of the annual work sessions.
Questions regarding the sessions can be directed to Jessica Lombardo, Manager of Membership.
*Discounts for smaller companies.